Friday, November 18, 2022

2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge tops completed!

This year I decided to sew 9 patch blocks with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  I had other blocks I was also sewing, but after March I gave up.  I decided to sew at least 17 blocks of each color so I could make a big quilt.  I decided to only have rainbow colors, no gray, black or browns.   I had also sewed neutral 9 patch blocks to go with the rainbow blocks.  But once I laid out the quilt to sew it, I felt like it was just way too busy.   So I cut up some 5" neutral squares and it calmed things down.  I ended up sewing a bigger throw size and had plenty left over to make a baby quilt.







I will probably keep the bigger quilt and donate the little baby quilt.   My oldest likes the bigger one and you know how it goes when a family member likes a quilt top!

5 comments:

  1. Havent you done well, two pretty rainbow quilts! But I must ask, what are your plans for those u used neuatrsl blocks you stitched? I'm sure you will come up with a good idea sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing these RSC quilt tops! They will both be SEW lovely (whoever they end up with!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great to get 2 quilts out of one! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilts, McGill! I love plus quilts and should plan a couple into my RSC blocks for 2023! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rainbow 9-patches turned into 2 lovely quits.

    ReplyDelete