Friday, April 13, 2012

Posting pictures

So I spent the morning posting pictures of my quilts on my blog.  I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty terrible at taking pictures of my quilts.   It just leads me to admire other people's blogs who take fantastic pictures.    It's a shame because even a good picture never does justice to a beautiful quilt.

I have been quilting since the mid 1990s, but after I had two babies  I took a 7 year break.   I had another baby girl and then in 2010 I decided it was time to start back quilting.  2010 was quite a year, I made a lot of quilts and had a lot of fun.    I have slowed down a lot since then, but my project list has not gotten any smaller!!!    The person who seems to get the most quilts is my youngest daughter, Brenna.   Last fall she walked up to me and announced that she needed another quilt.    "Well yes ma'am you do!"   I dropped all my other projects and made her a Picture Box Quilt and pillow to use all those cute novelty fabrics I had been collecting.   It was fun, but I would change things if I did another one, I think the colors got a little muddy, not enough contrast.    Well, live and learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment