Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lots of things have happened since I last posted.   I had gallbladder surgery and after about 2-3 weeks, finally felt like myself.   But I didn't have much to sit around because:

My biggest news was that I got to fly to Kansas City, Mo and attend the Spring International Quilt Market.   Robbi Triplett, my dear friend owns Bittersweet Quilts in Joplin and she extended an invitation  for me to join her, her parents and Brenda Patterson at Quilt Market. What an experience!   Overwhelming, exciting, enthralling, exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time.    I took a few pictures, but I mostly I just walked and walked and looked at the booths!   I scored some fun things from Moda at the Sample Spree and attended a mind blurring amount of school house sessions.

I got to meet lots of great people.  Like Darlene Zimmerman, who was so sweet I even got an autographed fat quarter!  Paula Barnes of Bonnie Blue Quilts, now renamed to Red Crinoline Quilts,  Kelly Lee-Creel of Ever Kelly,   Lisa and Nick Bondean of Primitive Gatherings , Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill,  Amanda Herring of Quilted Fish, Jo Morton,  lots of wonderful people from Andover Fabrics and and most importantly, Pam Lintott and her daughter of the Quilt Room!  I just love her stuff and I have all of her books!  I was so fan girlie that I nearly embarrassed myself.   I saw lots of stuff, but more importantly I got to spend some time with Robbi, make a new friend with Brenda and get away from my family for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment