Monday, September 10, 2012

So my life got super crazy.   Two weeks ago, my middle girl broke her arm late at night, while my husband was deployed to the desert.   It was scary, but we got through it.    No need to explain the whole story, but my daughter ended up breaking her arm so badly that she needed surgery.   The doctors told me this at 11:00 p.m. in the emergency room.   I was so shocked.  They made us take an ambulance ride at 2:00 a.m. an hour away to a Children's Hospital.   My husband was half away around the world and he freaked out when he finally got my messages around 3:00 a.m. and while she was  being wheeled into a hospital room.   A really great orthopedic surgeon performed surgery the next day.  She has 5 pins in her arm holding it all together.  She later got a cast and that improved things so much, most of the pain went away.   So we are now facing 2 months of recovery for her and no soccer or gymnastics. :(    The Lord is so faithful and He was with us every step of the way.     I am very blessed.    But my quilting has a slowed down a bit.





Hubby got home the day Devaney got her first cast.  So glad that he is home!

No comments:

Post a Comment